Friday, December 02, 2005

White Elephants Anyone?

Tonight we had our Stake Young Single Adult Christmas Party. We had a fantastic dinner, excellent company, and a halarious white elephant exchange! I took some half used hand soap, body wash, and lotion from Yankee Candle that smelt like boy (not like "locker room" boy, more "old spice" boy) as my white elephant. I was impressed that it actually got fought over a bit before someone ended up with it. I ended up getting to pick my gift fourth out of 35, and ended up with a couple of real gems . . .



This lovely jumper for example, was first mine. Then Michelle stole it. Then Andy stole it. Eventually Linda ended up with it in the end. Jerks. I was going to give it to my Father for Christmas so he could use it when he works on his cars, but no. I also got a machete which was promptly stolen by Dave and Robert. Jerks. I could have used that when I go swashbuckling through the forest in my backyard! Anyway, here are a few of the other delights that was had that night . . .



As you can see, Galin ended up with a fantastic array of decorative pins from Avon.



Michelle got some super-cute gloves with monkeys on them. SWEET!



And Andy was wanted by all as Miss Alaska. Fitting, seeing as he is from Alaska. Grrrrrrr! At the end of the night I ended up with three candles from IKEA. Not a bad gift I admit, at least I now have some long burning candles for my seventy-two hour kit!

No comments: