Friday, November 07, 2008

Plenty O' Randomness

It's been awhile since my last post, and a lot has been going on. I occasionally think to myself, "Oh! I should blog about that!" and then I forget, or decide I need to do homework, or work, or nuggle up on the couch with my husband instead, so I'm behind. Sorry!

So where to begin . . . I'll try and be chronological . . .

  • A couple of weeks ago in flower center we were working on "medium sized" arrangements in vases, and I designed a fun vase arrangement that I was very happy with.

    For the greens I used leather leaf, myrtle, and lily grass. The flowers used are yellow football mums, maroon daisy mums, and 'safari sunset' leucadendron. After this picture was taken I actually added another football mum, and leucadendron, but I forgot to take a picture of it too. :( I think most fun thing about this arrangement though, is the vase. I love how it's clear with the blue swirl going around it.

  • I started my job during the last week of October, and I absolutely love it. Let face it though, among other things, I'm getting paid to blog. It's awesome.

  • Midterm grades were available on Oct 29, and I'm doing pretty well, not as well as I'd like though:What can I say; Rob has turned me into a perfectionist. I'm really trying to get that Plant Science grade back up to an A, and keep the others where they are. I'd love to end a second semester with a 4.0. It's only showing me as being registered for 12 credits because I have another second block class that started three weeks ago.

  • I'm thinking of creating another blog to use as my portfolio, but haven't gotten that far yet. It would after all, make four blogs that I am responsible for.

  • Rob and I went to Logan last weekend to see a friend of ours, Eryn, preform in The Monkeys Paw. She did a great job, and played her part with such conviction. It was awesome. We also hung out with The Smith, and overall had an awesome weekend.

  • I'm sure everyone is aware, but Barack Obama was elected to be the 44th President of the United States of America, and I'm SO HAPPY about it!

  • I was called a jerk for "being a democrat" on Wednesday. About 30 seconds after the conversation began, I excused myself because the person I was talking to was ready for a fight, and I didn't want to go there. What can I say, I don't like confrontation! It was ridiculous.

  • I stayed up until midnight last night to register for classes, and will be taking on 15.5 credits next semester. Check out my schedule:
    Yeah, that's right, everything is super spread out, and Thursdays are going to be insane. I may only have 3 classes, but I'm going to be on campus for 13 hours. Granted there are seven open hours, but it's not like I'm going to walk home for an hour! Also, if I an get into the advanced floral design class--which I'm not technically supposed to take until after my internship--the baking class will get cut, and I'll probably pick up a swimming class on Fridays. That would make 16.5 credit hours. It's going to be a crazy semester.

  • Tomorrow Rob and I are heading to Sandy for the weekend. My lil' sister, Susie, and her family are in town for a couple of weeks, and since we haven't seen them in almost a year, I'm way excited to chill with her and her cute twin boys; they are going to be 18 months this month--I can't believe they are getting so big!

So there is the update. Kinda long, but it's been a couple of weeks. :)

7 comments:

LeMira said...

Aaargh! That burns my bacon (like my new phrase?) when people get after people for their political parties. We all have our choice, and just because we don't agree doesn't mean we're bad people. My mom's philosophy on political parties is that we need good people in both parties. Good for you for walking away. That's the better thing to do.

And by the way, AWESOME midterm report. Matt and I are so proud of you and how hard you are working. You are definitely the WO-man! You know you're one of my biggest role models, right?

Ruth said...

Kristin, Those grades are marvelous!! It's good to hear about all the things you are doing. Have fun with all the blogs, especially THIS one...
Love and hugs to both of you!
Mom-Ruth Ann

Sarah said...

Random is right! First of all congrats on the job. That rock and you will be sooo awesome at it. Second Barack is the man and I'm so happy that he won too. Awesome grades and crazy schedule. I one time had that where I had three classes but was at school ALL day. It sure makes it hard to stay for that last one but if you use your time wisely you can get all your homework done and more. Anyway have a good weekend.

Amber said...

Wow smarty pants! Oh and that schedule looks crazy daunting. So glad I am not in school anymore. Wait, who am I kidding? To be in classes all day without wild children, poopy diapers and tantrums would be bliss! Thanks for the update!

Lisa said...

It's been a while since anybody's asked me how I can be a Mormon and a democrat. Since then I've moved to a swing state, where just like in my marriage, the parties are split 50/50ish. Also, I've got a better comeback since learning that President Faust was a democrat.

Congrats on the grades. I hope you were able to get over your devastation about your grade in Plant Science. :)

Britt Wright said...

It sounds like you are having a great time being in school, having a job, visiting friends and family (oh, when you are down one of these weekends, call us), and being married. I love hearing what you've been up to.

Jessi said...

You got called a 'jerk' for being a democrate? Sounds like someone is a little closed minded, overly judgemental and probably also a little under-educated. Or MAYBE they just didn't get enough sleep the night before. Either way, I agree that the name calling is a bit over the top.