Friday, May 08, 2009

Okay People, Really?

I'm going to go off on a little rant now about a huge pet peeve of mine--please understand that I'm usually a very nice person.

A little background information first. I like to read peoples blogs. Since I'm in school right now I usually only get to the internet once during the day, and it's usually in a school computer lab. To see who's updated their blogs since I last read, I use my blogroll and click on the blogs that have new posts, opening each blog in a new tab. This is where my fury begins.

So I'm in a dead silent computer lab, and all of a sudden, music starts streaming for my computer. And not just one song, but three songs. THREE SONGS! I've just opened eleven new tabs and I'm scrambling like crazy trying to figure out whose blog is spouting REM, some annoying country song, and something else that I can't figure out. ARGH!!

Basically what I'm saying is that while I think those music players you can put on your blogs are cool, I HATE when they automatically start the music. There is a setting that allows you to start the music only if you hit the button. Perhaps some of you could look into that feature?

Anyway, sorry about the rant, but it makes me so ANGRY! At least this time that it happened I was in a computer lab with a bunch of horticulture students that heard me go off on this rant three days ago in class--so they too now understand my hatred for those automatically starting music players. GRRR!

12 comments:

Danny said...

That's awesome! One the other hand if they don't want sound in the lab they should de-activate the speakers :-)

Have you every considered using GOOGLE READER? Its not for everyone, but I like it!

Sarah said...

I'm so with you! I have a sister who post a million video's on her blog and she has the stupid auto music player. I always forget. I click on a video to watch and then the audio gets cut out by jimmy buffet. I don't get it. Why put a music player on when all you are going to have is videos.

Shellyce said...

Kristen, I just had to laugh,and laugh and laugh. I know how that is. I even turn off mine sometimes. I guess sometimes I don't think about people being in a place they wouldn't like that sound.

Shellyce said...

I did it just for you Kristin

Lisa said...

I always have lots of tabs open and I HATE having someone else's music selection playing. I keep my computer on mute just to avoid having to scramble to turn off the sappy music.

Matt and Jami said...

I get the hint. Just look at my new blog from now on, no music...yet. But I will figure out how to set it so it only starts if you push play...I can actually imagine you going off and it makes me smile..

LeMira said...

You are my new hero! I've always wanted to say this on my blog, too, but I know more people who LOVE their music rather than hate it. If anything, the music reminds me how loud my volume is at that moment. A good jolt usually follows!

emnemily said...

Ok ok - it's fixed now :)

Sharla said...

You're too funny. I haven't spent enough time personalizing my blog to have a music player on it, but if I ever get one on there, I'll make sure it doesn't automatically start, just for people like you! Good day. :)

Hannah said...

I walked into the computer room once, and Mom was on the computer and like 3 different songs were playing, but she didn't know how to turn them off so she was just trying to ignore them and when I asked if she needed help she exasperatingly said "Yes! Where is it coming from??" Ahh good times.

Mary Lynn said...

Hehe. What a shame, I LOVE it when people's start automatically. I find it quite annoying when I have to go find if they have a music player and make it start. I mean really- what's the point in even having one if people aren't even going to hear it when they go to your page?

le35 said...

That's why I don't put the music on my blog. :) But I do love reading your blog.