Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Up Close and Personal

This semester I feel like I'm branching out a bit more than I have the previous three semesters I've been at school. I've started taking a visual media class where I'm learning about the Adobe Creative Suite, I'll be going to Portland in a couple of weeks to design floats for the Rose Parade, and I've officially joined the Photographics Society on campus; which is basically a photography club. At the Photographics Society meeting today, a contest was held with the theme, "Up Close and Personal".

This is the shot that I submitted, and to my surprise I was awarded second place! I'm now fifteen dollars richer, and it's basically burning a hole in my pocket. Perhaps I'll be able to convince Rob to let me take him out and celebrate. I don't think that it will take much convincing if I say we suggest we go to the new Star Trek movie . . .

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Congratulations!! That is a really good picture. You're so talented. I heard the new star trek movie was good, you'll have to tell me how it really is though if you go to it

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture! Congrats on winning the mega bucks!

Britt Wright said...

The Rose Parade is so fun! What a neat experience. And congrats on 2nd place!!! And have fun at the Star Trek movie!

Jen said...

I think it's a beautiful picture!!! I LOVE IT!!

Ruth said...

So you are already earning money with your camera! You are a talented lady! Congratulations!

Kristie said...

Yeah for fun pictures! Also, I have to agree about the whole music on the blog thing...I HATE it as well!

Jessi said...

I never thought I loved dandilions, not until today when I saw your photo. Very beautiful Mrs Kristin. The Rose Parade, that will be fun! Hey, that must mean it's right around the corner! Or have you gone already? Either way, I'm excited to see the photos you take of your trip.