Rob and I have gone to Niagara Falls twice now. It's only about half an hour away, so anyone that wants to come see the waterfalls with the highest flow rate of any waterfall in the world (and us!) then you better come and visit us! We do have an extra room and would love to have visitors (thanks for being the first family visitor, cousin Brenna!!)! Can you believe this picture was taken on January 6th? The winter here in buffalo was awesome, btw.
Starbright Floral Design for the Valentines Day holiday. It was a crazy few days, but something I would love to do again and again! Tom, my friend from the Rose Parade, works there and convinced his boss Nic that they needed me for the holiday. I'm so glad that Nic obliged, and we had an awesome time! This first picture is of the tulipalooza I was having. This picture was taken around noon, and we were there LATE that night. So much garbage!
Niagara Scenic Tours. I'm a motorcoach operator, and I love it! I work long hours, but I enjoy my job which makes the hours worth it! Plus, it's like I always on vacation.
scenic flights, starting at $25, so what did we do, of course? We went for a ride!
Corning Museum of Glass, the worlds largest glass museum, and absolutely loved it. It was an exhausting day, but our minds were blown. These are my favorite pieces. This glass sculpture of the dress was amazing. I tried getting a picture of the shawl where the hands would have been, but it didn't do it justice. Such an amazing talent. We are definitely going back!
Mark Peiser, you're amazing.
ECC Softball team. I took them on a four day trip to Maryland last month and we had such a blast. Well this last week I got to take them on a day trip to Canandaigua, and again, we had some major fun. I know it looks like we are in a bar, but really, we are in Chili's.
So, there it is. A short summary of my slackitude. Other happenings that I don't have pictures of, in no particular order:
- Driving my bus in Manhattan was awesome, fun, scary, CRAZY, and exciting. I only had to back up during a turn once--during which I said, "This is my worst nightmare."
- The bulbs I planted last fall have come up, and they are gorgeous. Even though we put up a fence around them though, the bunnies ate and then dug up all the crocus. I'm so sad. At least all the tulips, iris, and daffodils have been lovely, and the allium are about to bloom as well!
- I've gone to Amish country in PA and OH, and I love them and are fascinated by their culture!
- Being the bus driver means that I come home with lots of swag. Last week I came home from Amish country with three pies, two jars of jam, two loaves of bread, four different kinds of cheese, three hand stitched hot pads, and twelve 4" pots of pansies! At least I have something to put in place of my crocus!
- We miss Alaska. There have been more than one occasion when we considered calling our boss in Skagway and seeing if she still needs drivers for the summer . . .