Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Scott!

Today has been a great day. After taking flower orders and designing for six hours in the school's Flower Center yesterday, I took advantage of sleeping in. Once I eventually got up, Rob and I went to the local DI in search of something amazing . . . and we feel like we were successful in our quest.

First off, we found this great clay vase that we've put a bundle of sticks in. I originally bought the red vase last week for the sticks, but the clay vase looks better with the arrangement overall.

So this is what our "entryway" looks like. Mirrors, my art, and a couple of vases. We are fans.

Next on the DI awesome list are these candlesticks. They'll hold either tea lights or pillar candles nicely, and we've placed them on our dresser. I think they'll be a great subject for photography, aside from being beautiful and classy.

For the holiday, I got Rob a book that he's loved for years, MiG Pilot, and Rob got me this beautiful mini-rose potted plant, which I'll happily prune and keep blooming. I made the little rose and gerbera daisy arrangement--my favorite part is the submerged red wire. :) Oh, and the little flower in the shot is actually a ring, made of wire and a spray rose. We call it, "ring bling" in the shop. Don't you like how we have our ducks all in a row?

For dinner tonight we decided to try out a new recipe. A few months back I bought a Family Circle magazine, because the front cover was advertising six new mac & cheese recipes--and for those that know me well, know that I LOVE mac & cheese. Sorry Mom, but I think I've found a few favorite recipe for my longtime favorite dish. We broiled it about 45 seconds too long, so the bread crumbs got a little charred, but trust me, this recipe was amazing. You can find it here. It doesn't take any extra time in comparison to my family mac & cheese recipe that has been handed down for generations, but it does take a few specialties--Gouda and Swiss cheese, onion powder, and panko bread crumbs--but by golly, it was amazing. AH-MA-ZING! We also had fresh artisan rosemary bread, broiled until crispy of course.

Oh, and it's my friend, Scott's, birthday. Hope you had someone to snuggle and keep warm with in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin. :)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Those candle holders are very sleek! I think I need to make some changes in MY decorating style....if one could call it that...