Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Great Pumpkin Carving Festival!

Tonight Connor and I took part in the great annual activity of carving pumpkins. It's kinda funny actually . . . you see, last year while I was still living in Utah, and Laurie and the boys were still in California, I went down to visit them a few weeks before Halloween. We carved pumpkins, and had a great time. Now, a year later, here I am again carving pumpkins with Connor!



Here is my pumpkin, all shiny and round. I'm pretty excited to get into the decorating, as I have my favorite pumpkin face I've used the last few years!



"Where shall I make the first inscision?" Asks Connor, displaying his cute little knife . . .



It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it!



So, in all reality, I really enjoy carving pumpkins. Basically it comes down to the fact that I have a good excuse to mush things inbetween my fingers. I've always had a thing for mushing things . . . mud . . . butter . . . I even climbed on top of the fridge once to get my hands into a bunch of bananas! Pretty good for a two year old!



Here's my finished creation! Well, with a lit candle inside it. I think it's just the cutest little pumpkin face ever!



And here is Connor with his finished creation! He even took the picture himself as well. I must say, it was a grand evening for pumpkining!



Now after all the sorting through the gush, I've separated the seeds out so we can make pumpkin seeds for snacking on tomorrow!