Saturday, July 19, 2008

Can't Freakin Beleive It!

This is the final design for my landscaping class. I didn't start on it until about 9 am Tuesday morning because I'd been working on all my OTHER projects until then, and I had until the end of class on Thursday to turn it in. Remember, when I got the paper, all it had on it was the house outline, and the property lines. In those two days I spent about 25 hours working on the design, and this how it ended out:



My teacher gave us a few guidelines--first off, little or no grass, a lap pool, a 30 inch retaining wall along the back of the property, an outdoor kitchen, a small water feature, enough entertaining space for at least 15 people, and he provided the planting list. I felt like I accomplished these things well. I also personally wanted to make sure I incorporated the building materials together a bit better on this design than the last one, because that is what I got marked off on my last design--I still got a 97%, but I wanted to go full on . . .

Turns out things worked in my favor. The time I spent on the design was well worth it because I got a 100%! And this from a perfectionist of a teacher! YAY! He even wrote, "Terrific job" at the top of the grading sheet. YEAH!

Even though I'll be posting a few more things about school I've got to catch up a bit), I've now got a break until September 8th. Whew!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That whole design concept is beyond me. Wayyy complicated for my simple little mind. But rock on! That looks amazing. Yeah for your perfect project!!!!

LeMira said...

Congrats! I'm proud of you.