Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me . . . 3 Weeks Ago . . .

Ok ok, I've already admitted it, I've been quite the blog-slacker as of late, but I'm determined to catch up a bit--I've had cool stuff going on, even if I didn't post about it . . . First off, I had a birthday! I've reached the glorious age of 26, and it's been going well so far! Here is a picture of a cake my sister-in-law LeMira made me and our MIL--her birthday is the day before mine.



Beautiful, isn't it! She's a very talented lady, and sneaky too . . . see, we had gone down to Utah for the weekend because Rob's family was starting the first of two family reunions on June 29th, which is our MIL, RuthAnn's birthday, and LeMira wanted us to be there for a cake and ice cream celebration in the morning. Little did I know she put my name on the cake too, and it was really a celebration for the both of us. She's awesomely thoughtful, it's true.



Here we are blowing out the candles, and I'm happy to report we got them all in one swift blowing. After our little party, Rob and I decided to kill a few hours by driving down to my old stomping ground, Ephraim, Utah. I went to school for a year and a half right out of high school, and hadn't been back since June 2003 when a friend got married.



This was always one of my favorite sites on the campus. I always loved how this silly crooked tree framed the name SNOW COLLEGE on this building. Campus has changed a LOT since I'd last been to town. They have torn down 5 buildings, and built one HUGE one! Thankfully it was unlocked and Rob and I got to give ourselves a little tour. It has two huge theaters/concert halls, and lots of classrooms. It's pretty safe to assume that the building is now used for the music (vocal and instrumental) and theater/drama classes--both of those buildings had been torn down. Also, the building where all the exercise science classes were taught and the school gyms and pool were at got a face lift as well. The stadium was added onto--I'm assuming the weight room was expanded since it was in that area--don't know, the doors were locked. And the school also got a new bell-tower, which Rob and I kissed under as the bells struck 3:00 PM. I was so delighted since I'd always wanted to kiss someone under the bell-tower as it was going off (and remained VL through my time at Snow). :)



This is something that completely delighted me. When I was going to school at Snow, we had a SMALL greenhouse. I mean, dinky. As I was showing the old greenhouse to Rob I noticed that on the other side of the science building they had built another bigger greenhouse, and named it after Professor Blauer. He was one of my favorite teachers on campus, I took plant taxonomy from him, and I'm sure he's absolutely delighted that the new greenhouse has been given his name. I'm proud just thinking about it. He was a GREAT teacher, and loved plants.



A cute self picture of Rob and me. We are cute.



And this is my fantastic present that Rob got me for my birthday. A bike! Huzzah! The last bike I got was for my 13th birthday, which I rode all over Sandy, Midvale, Draper and eventually Ogden for a good few years. Just this last Christmas I gave the old one to my sister Susie, since it had been sitting at my parents house ignored by me basically since I'd moved to Virginia. She uses it to haul her boys around in a bike carriage. :) Since springtime however I'd been wishing I had a bike again. So my loving husband took me down to the bike store and I rode home with this pretty purple (the last one was purple too LOL) bike. I've gotten the most use of it since school has ended, I rode to the gym and back yesterday, and I went for an hour ride this morning and it felt great. Thank you Rob!! So perhaps I'll get my next bike for my 39th birthday--it's been every 13 years so far?? It'll probably be a tricycle or something though. :) Maybe a tandem? Who knows. LOL!

So there is the first update. I have more stuff too, but I'll try and spread it out some more . . .

5 comments:

Lisa said...

VL!!

Thanks for making me feel young again, showing me that I remember what that means!

LeMira said...

I'm so flattered!

Britt Wright said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have fun bike riding. And I'm glad that you've had such a fun time with all your holidays/reunions. Summer is great for that!

Sarah said...

OK I know I was making a mental note to remember your birthday but now that you have made this post I can't remember if I remembered to wish you a Happy Birthday. I better have remembered or I'm going to be so mad at myself. I'm so glad that you had a great time and that you got to take a walk down memory lane. Nice bike. I'm sure you are loving that. Riding bikes are the best.

M.climb said...

Don't you just love bikes. I have grown a great love for them in the last six months.