Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Great Week!

Ok, I'll admit it. After spending a week in Sandy with the fam I was hesitant to come back to Rexburg. Had it not been for Rob's birthday last Friday (which was AWESOME, BTW) I would have stayed in Sandy longer to keep myself from being locked up in the apartment for the last two weeks of "summer" before school starts on September 8th.

But to be completely honest, it's been a great week! The week in Sandy REALLY did the trick and got me out of the cabin fever slump. I don't feel like I've been doing anything all that different from before either. Still reading, napping, watching too much tv, interwebbing, riding my bike, and lifting weights. It's been REALLY nice to be able to lift weights again. I'd strained my wrist a few weeks back and had to take it easy, and I think that was one of the hardest things to deal with of all.

In reference to all the questions regarding my last post, sadly we didn't get any of the coconut cream pie ice cream, for two reasons. 1.) We were actually out being social with some friends and the place closed before we got there, and 2.) Turns out it wasn't actually coconut cream pie ice cream day. It was Twix ice cream day--which even though Twix is both of our favorite candy bar, the ice cream wasn't so great. Turns out I was out so early in the morning that the flavor of the day sign had not been changed from Saturday yet. Coconut cream pie was SATURDAY'S flavor. Oh well. Not like we REALLY needed it anyway. :)

So school starts in 10 days and I'm pretty psyched. I'm registered for 15 credits and feel up to the challenge once again. Most of my classes are on Mon, Wed, Fri; I only have my weightlifting class on Tues and Thurs which gets over at 8:45 am . . . so I'll definitely have time to get work done during the week. I even feel just about ready to ride my bike up the hill each day; last night I did it without TOO much heaving and hoing. YAY! It's been good for me to make the ride every day instead of just once a week. :)

Now as for the upcoming three day weekend, we've got no plans. Anyone want to come experience the wilds of Idaho and play with us?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I would love to. I really have cabin fever and really need to get out but it doesn't look like that's happening. Andrew is picking up some costa vida (it's as close as we get to cafe rio here in denver even though I don't like it nearly as much) and some ice cream to kick of our three day weekend with no plans.

Ruth said...

I think friends are more important than ice cream too. Good Luck with the bike riding and starting school!

Robert said...

I am glad you went to friends instead of ice cream. They last longer, unless they are snowmen in hell. Good job!