Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ideas?

his afternoon Rob went downstairs to ask our neighbors if they had a power drill we could use. I waited patiently upstairs for his arrival, and instead of a drill he came in with a large zuchinni, two summer squash, and this little beauty:


The problem is that we have no idea what it is, or how to cook it.


Any suggestions? My Mom thinks I should disect it and see what it looks like inside to see how to cook it. I'm not sure I'm ready to eat it yet though . . .

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What the!!

Angi Gerrie said...

No idea... Kyle says "it looks like a watermelon that ate another watermelon... throw it out"

Anonymous said...

Google turban squash

Amber said...

I think it is a cucumberishwatermelon with pumpkin aspirations. Chop that baby open. I'm curious.

Lisa said...

After a little googling, I think it's a buttercup squash (not to be confused with butternut).

http://www.reimerseeds.com/burgess-buttercup-squash.aspx

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joannalake/1750910753/in/set-72157594584875019/

Britt Wright said...

Interesting.....good luck cooking that little beauty.

Anonymous said...

mmm chop it up and cook it!

Mary Lynn said...

holy pumpkin-zucchini! We shall call it.. The Pumpkini?
<3