Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Last Week

The last week of my life has been a whirlwind. I took the hardest test I've ever experienced and got an 80.5% (couldn't be happier). I took two rolls of film for my photography assignment, and then realized after developing the negatives that I double exposed one of the rolls. I did four loads of laundry, spent two hours in DI, swam plenty of laps in the pool, drove to Utah, and attended a baby shower. It's been a busy week. The main reason why I wanted to post tonight though, is because I've taken some great shots with my digital camera, and I want to share--err, show off.

This was one of the pictures that I took with my film camera that ended up getting double exposed. Can I tell you HOW THANKFUL I am that I also shot this scene with my digital? I love how the clouds are rolling in, and the sun is just shining through.

This is another that I felt inclined to back-up with the digital camera, which I'm again, VERY happy that I did. Rexburg may be a wet, cold, gray place, but it sure is pretty sometimes.

Now for something completely different, I went to a baby shower this weekend, and I think this little name plaque that my sister, Teri, and my mom made is adorable. The shadow from the baby shower sign ain't that bad, either.

Can you tell that it's a safari theme?

I think it looks great up on this beautiful mantle. I feel so artsy.

As the sun set I noticed that there was really good lighting at the house we were at, and wanted to take some pictures in the light. My niece, Tasha, had just picked up a piece of carrot cake, and I knew her purpose in being there was for me to take pictures of her. She was SO agreeable and easy to work with. If only all kids were this dang cute!

I loved this one of Tasha and Gavin, one of my eight--soon to be nine--nephews. Gavin looks like he's eying the carrot cake to snatch it away, and she's looking leery of him being so close.

I love how in this shot I actually caught Tasha with the frosting on her tongue.

Gavin didn't want to let Tasha get all the camera glory, so I took a couple shots of him, and he's quite the photogenic little gent.

Tasha was getting a little cold since twilight was upon us. Poor little cutie! Perhaps I should have had her put on her jacket before going outside?

Once all the good lighting outside was gone, I thought I'd take this fun shot of the refreshments we served. This is my niece, Karyssa's plate. Notice show she's taken a bite of the lemon bar, brownie, and licked the cream cheese frosting off of the carrot cake?

These were the nut cups that we made out of tissues, cotton balls, and plain ol' nut cups. A little redundant maybe, but much more fun than plain ol' nut cups!

So that's all for now! Now on to a new week of craziness! Speaking of craziness, can you believe it's MARCH! For heaven sakes!

8 comments:

Robert said...

I love that shot on pole line road. It makes me want to go kill a seal and eat its blubber to keep warm through the long arctic night.

Susie Peterson said...

haa haa Teri STOLE THE NAMEPLATE from me, and the booties we did at my shower.. muah haa haa haa. Anyway. Cute pictures. I love the first one!

Every Star Is Different said...

Blog stalking is fine. I do it all the time. Besides who doesn't like a comment to read? I'm so glad that you look so happy. Married life is wonderful! I couldn't help but read a few more blogs. In case you don't know, Jen is married now, has one baby (the same age as my youngest) and is pregnant for another. She's back at church too. My husband blessed her baby and everything. She lives in Oswego and we talk at least once a day! Oh by the way, sorry for my unpleasantness back in the days. I was going through a really rough time with my health and all and don't remember taking advantage of the fun we could have had and the friendship that could have blossomed had I allowed it to. But I do know how great you are from Jen. By the way, if you want to stalk some more blogs, Jen's blog can be located through mine! Have fun!

Sharla said...

Cute pics of the kids. Especially the cold-on-a-bench one. :) Spending time with the fam is fun!

Sarah said...

Kristen you photography is looking amazing. It's crazy how since you have been talking about it your pictures have been so much better. I guess you are learning a thing or two. I think it is a wonderful talent to have. Just think of all the amazing pictures you will have of your family.

Jen said...

Sister you better find my blog!!! I was just talking about you a few weeks ago with somebody from church, how you, me and Desi would stay up all night playing the piano and belting out a tune (me pretending I could sing!)

Ruth said...

Have you fed Robert blubber? Wait, he wants to KILL a SEAL!?!?!? I didn't raise my boy to be a soldier/seal killer.....
Coooool pictures!

Jami said...

I love checking up on your blog. You are so good at photography and arranging the flowers...I never knew! Check out my blog too!