Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My bouquet

For the floral show last weekend I had the opportunity to make a bridal bouquet. I was initially only given three orange Roses and a single sprig of Heather, then the type of bouquet holder and greens I used I got to choose. Once I had set up my main structure, Professor Romney was inspired to give me the three Pincushion Protea, and this is what I created:

It was a triangular bouquet, which I set up with the woven palms and heather. To play up the texture of the palms I first sprayed them with leaf shine, to make sure they wouldn't get lost with all the other elements of the design.


The Protea made a great focal point and created a lot of interest.

Looking up from the bottom of the design, this shows off the Ti leaves, weaved palms, and lowest rose.

It was such a fun design to create, and not knowing what flowers I would get really let the flowers speak to me and tell me what to design.

I've got more pictures to upload from the show, so keep your eyes peeled . . . and check out my portfolio blog to see more of my designs.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You're awesome!!!

Jessi said...

Love it! If I were a bride-to-be I would gladly sport this bouquet:)

Every Star Is Different said...

Wow! So are you going to school to do this? Sorry, I'm definitely out of the loop, but HOW FUN! I have always wanted to do stuff like that but never had the opportunity... never really looked for opportunities either. So cool!

Ruth said...

The orange protea really set off the orange roses - the woven palms are unique! I don't think I've seen that done before. How talented you are!

Anonymous said...

Looks Great! I love to see all the stuff you create. You're so talented!

Lisa said...

I really like this one--I'm a sucker for bright colors, and the woven palms are really intriguing. Did you weave them yourself? Do they come prewoven? (That sounds like I'm asking if they grew that way. . .)
Also, "pincushion protea" is an awesome name for a flower. Sounds like a crawly ocean creature.

Britt Wright said...

Kristin....this looks awesome!! You are way talented! Way to go girl. =)