Saturday, March 07, 2009

Today I Became My Mother

Yes, it's true. Every girl eventually grows up and does something that her mother did, no matter how hard they might try not to. Today, I made Tricky-Kix.

This is Tricky-Kix. As children, my siblings and I REALLY liked the cereal Trix. All that sugary, puffed, rainbow colored, whole-grain goodness got our mouths-a-watering, so my Mom would mix a box of Trix with a box or two of Kix to get the Trix to last longer. She called it Tricky-Kix.

Today as I was walking down the cereal aisle, I noticed that the Kix were on sale . . . and that the Trix were on sale too . . . since I'm so incredibly tired of eating shredded wheat for breakfast I knew what had to be done. I had to make up a batch of Tricky-Kix. I did, and it's absolutely awesome. Rob even likes them.

Up next is evidence that I'm looking forward to motherhood. While at DI tonight, I spotted this adorable little beanie. The moment I saw it, I knew that the unconceived baby girl in my future will wear it. I showed it to Rob, and even used the name that we've agreed on for our future little girl.

The beanie is so adorable; it's made out of glittery turquoise yarn, and the liner is like soft t-shirt material. Our little girl is going to have the cutest little fall and spring-time beanie there is!

10 comments:

Every Star Is Different said...

It sounds like you had a pretty cool Mom. Making Tricky-Kix looks quite fun. If that's all you've inherited you have nothing to worry about! (I don't know your mom, but most daughters talk about acting like their mother in a negative light.) So you're excited about motherhood! I wish you good luck in your trying to get pregnant endeavors. Unless you're one of the lucky ones, being pregnant isn't all that fun, so enjoy the prepregnancy moments. The hat is very cute. We are working on adopting a little girl right now. I don't know how old she'll be so I'm working on bedding and room decor.

Sarah said...

I had a beanie just like that for Jane but it was brown. I think it is an Old Navy one. Tricky kix looks delicious.

Jessica said...

I love that beanie! It's adorable. Watch out though, or you might end up with three boys like me if you plan too many girl things :)

Hannah said...

The tricky kix looks like it would be DELICIOUS in the rice krispy treat recipe. And you're baby girl would be stylin' in the adorable beanie.

Britt Wright said...

Is this a public announcement???

Kristin said...

NO!

Jessi said...

I'm not sold on the Tricky-Kix, but I do adore the hat. Super good find. The DI delivers yet again! Hey, I realized the other day that it's been ages since I checked your 'get fit' blog, are you still posting there? I tried to pull it up, but due to my long absense I've been booted. I'll have to sign up again. I've really dropped the ball on the whole blogging world, so don't take it personally:)

Anonymous said...

I love the Tricky-Kix! and the hat is very cute!

Susie Peterson said...

My boys like trickey kix too! I just haven't made it in a while

Shellyce said...

I totally just bought those today!!