Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Birthday to the US of A!!



Fireworks! What a grand and glorious display of Patriotism! My thanks goes out to the Founding Fathers, Jefferson, Washington, Franklin and all the rest!



My family and I gathered for a barbeque at my sister Stephanie's new abode to watch the fireworks from her back deck. We had a nice view, and thankfully my camera took some great pictures!



Here is my adorable nephew, Alex. He normally looks a bit more charming, however with two glowing necklaces wrapped around his head, he thinks he's the wrestler VADER.



My sister Teri and nephew Nicholas. Aren't they just precious?



And then there is my nephew John. I took this picture to display the pure innocence of a begging four year old. He just asked me if he could take a picture with my camera. I kindly told him no, because of the lesson I learned
last time.



And my Father. After almost every family gathering, he's got to take a "I'm not asleep, I can hear you talking" kind of nap.



This was our personal display of fireworks . . . it was VERY BRIGHT to say the least.



So bright in fact that Bryant, my sister Susie's fiance put on his shades! It's not exactly the clearest picture, but it was night, and the only light were the fireworks themselves.



Holy bucket full of fireworks! It probably took over an hour to set them all off. We ended at about 11:45 pm. Nice way to announce yourself to the new neighbors Steph!

No comments: