Monday, September 22, 2008

Just So We're Clear

I figure its about time for an update.

This was on the floor of the bathroom stall I was using this afternoon. I'm not one of those queasy girls that can't handle spiders or anything, but it was a little disturbing. It was a HUGE spider. A smart spider too, since it found it's way inside. Today the temerature is about 20 degrees colder than last week. Survival of the fittest, I guess.

Yesterday Rob and I cleaned out all the heels of bread (16 of them) from our fridge and went to the nature park to feed the ducks. It was awesome. Those of you that know how much Rob loves ducks will understand that we had a great time. I used to use the heels of bread for french toast, until I realized how many calories syrup has. The ducks need the calories more than us!

I, with the other flower center girls made 200 corsages and bouttineers each this weekend for BYU-I's Presidents Club. I then spent the better part of my Saturday afternoon pinning said flowers on people. It was fun, but I should have not worn heels.

Rob and I went to see Buckets and Tap Shoes preform Saturday night. It was pretty good.

I ended up dropping my weightlifting class. I signed up for it initally to get a routine going and keep me motivated to keep up with the gym, but decided afterall that since Rob and I already have a good thing going, why mess with it? The teacher also had me paired up with a girl that could barely bench the bar--but made a big deal about "pairing up Ponies with Clydesdales". He refused to pair me with a guy--which would be a better lifting partner for me. Honestly, he kinda rubbed me the wrong way just because I'm a *girl* and it got my blood boiling. Oh well. Rob and I will keep up with our routine and I've got the best lifting partner of all. :)

9 comments:

Ruth said...

Well!! And now we know a teacher who is prejudiced! Tsk tsk.
That spider looks very creepy. Reminds me of one I saw a long time ago, that promptly jumped towards me. I chased it with a broom and killed it. Death to creepycrawlies in the house!

Britt Wright said...

Your just a power house Kristin! I'm proud of you for going to the gym and lifting weights. And oh man, that spider creeps me out! ewwww...

Sarah said...

Good thing I'm not your partner you would hate me. YOu are gonna get all big and buff and I will be scared of you.

Amber said...

Yucko! Spiders suck. Not too afraid either, they are just not my best friends either. Hope your workout with your hubby brings great results. Having a faithful workout buddy makes all the difference in the world.

Chandy Colton said...

Hey Kristin,

It was good to hear from you! Looks like things are going good for you. How did you find my blog?
send me your e-mail so I can add you to my list, cause I am going to make my blog private, so I will send you an e-mail so you can still see mine! :}

Anonymous said...

That's a freakin' huge spider. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I love the mowhawk! (sp?) Thanks for sending me a message (comment) it's good to hear from me 'old chums at Jordan High :) Have a great day.

Ali said...

You're so entertaining. Thanks. Sounds like your busy and having fun while doing it.

Ali said...

Kristin,
The couch you see is not the one we had at Snow, but looks similar to it. Although, the one we had at Snow stayed with me up until about 6 months ago. It is currently in my mother's garage. It's all yours if you want it.