Thursday, October 02, 2008

Holy Crap! I'm SO Funny!

Ok, I know, it's a pompous title, but hopefully you'll come to appreciate why I'm laughing so hard at myself right now.

The story starts out this morning. I had gotten out my gloves, because I was going to take a bike ride, and it's been quite chilly in the mornings here; I didn't want to freeze my fingertips off during my ride. Thankfully though, it had warmed up this morning, and since I prefer to ride without them I left the gloves behind. For my bike ride, I started off going to the dry cleaners. Rob's zipper on his favorite coat broke last spring, and rather than getting a whole new coat, I figured we could jsut get a new zipper installed.

So I got to the dry cleaners, where they do alterations too, and asked for a new zipper to be put in. The employee told me that all I actually needed was a new zipper pull, and she could have the coat fixed in about five minutes. COOL!

As I was waiting, I saw that the cleaners also had collar stays for sale, and since I didn't take out Rob's collar stays the first time I washed a shirt with them, (how am I supposed to know they needed to come out) and they broke, I've been needing to buy him some. I love buying him stupid little gifts like this, and was delighted with the thought of presenting him with them.

So, the coat got fixed. I continued my bike ride for another 40 minutes, and eventually came home. Now, since I have class this afternoon from 3:00-6:00 and Rob is going to beat me home, I wanted to set out his coat as a surprise. Originally I was jsut going to lay it out on the couch, and then I noticed the pillow laying there . . . so I zipped up the coat around the pillow and stood it up. It looked good . . . but it wasn't perfect, yet. I then took a smaller pillow and stuffed it in the hood, making it stand up. The "head" was tilted a bit, which gave it a little sass . . . and then I saw my gloves. I stuffed the gloves in the arm holes, and made a peace sign out of the fingers. In the pocket of the coat I put the wrapped collar stays.

So when Rob gets home, this is what he'll see:

New zipper pull? Four dollars.
New collar stays? Two dollars.
Me dressing up pilliows in the fixed coat, throwing a peace sign? Priceless.

I am one crazy girl.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Kristen you might have a little too much time on your hands. JK This is pretty funny. Rob will love it. I just hope he doesn't look at your blog before he gets home.

Amber said...

Holy crap you are so funny. This was a good, much needed laugh today. Thanks for the pick me up on my blog too!

Anonymous said...

i love you! your pretty the coolest... and the funniest!

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!

Britt Wright said...

Haha! That is so funny...and creative. I bet there is never a dull moment in your marriage! That's great.

johnnyanne said...

That is cute. You are so creative. I bet Rob got a kick out of it.

Ali said...

You're hilarious!! and on creative girl. I just love ya!

Sharla said...

Wow, Kristin, that is freaking ridiculous ... and I love it! :) Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.

Yay, I love finding people blogs!

emnemily said...

You Are freaking funny!

Chandy Colton said...

That is SO FUNNY and so CUTE, I bet he loved finding that! It sounds like you guys have a ton of fun with each other!

Susie Peterson said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! What was better is i started laughing my butt off, and Derek who is eating dinner in the kitchen started laughing because I was.. I love kids.. But anywho I think that if Idid that for Bry hewould try to shoot it....