Thursday, October 23, 2008

15 Years Back . . .

Here are some more pictures from the past, only more concentrating on me. I'm in the (horrendously ugly) black t-shirt, on the right in both. For those that know (or are) my sisters, don't you think they all look adorable? Stephanie, with her lovely crimped hair (AND happy birthday today!!), Susie, looking adorable as ever, and Teri, our cute little red-head.

I figure I'm about 11 in these, because: 1, my hair is in a pony tail on the top of my head--I went through a phase with my soccer team that year of doing my hair as punked out as possible, without using hair spray (something I was SO AGAINST because of the CFC's); 2, notice the black stretch pants, yes they had stirrups, tucked into my white slouchy socks; 3, my black and neon pink and purple shoes; 4, I had begun wearing oversized t-shirts because I was going through puberty and "growing out" much more quickly than any of the other girls my age. Yes, I know the shirt didn't help de-emphasize my assets. I was quite the fashionista, right?

Our maternal grandparents picked us up that day and took us up the canyon to look at the beautiful changing fall leaves. Oh, my hair is just so lovely.

And this last one, I had to include for a few reasons. It was at the bridal shower for my cousin, Kari, who is twelve years older than me. I was born on her birthday, so we've always been "birthday buddies", and I wanted to sit up close to see all the cool presents she was getting. Well, when she pulled out this little number, I think everyone in the room was surprised!

Not only is the look on Kari's face classic, but my grandmother, sitting next to her, and Aunt Laura's, next to grandma, are also fantastic! Then there is the look on my face--I'm absolutely horrified! I think this picture is also a prime example of my bad clothes. I absolutely loved denim shirts, and notice my multi-colored shoes again? By golly, I'm glad that I eventually started watching What Not To Wear and got a clue!

6 comments:

Jessi said...

These pictures are so cute and the last picture is hilarious! I LOVE the look on your face!! So, so funny. Actually, knowing what I know about you now I would have expected your face to carry more of excited smirk than the look of horror you are displaying here:)

Lisa said...

The last pic cracks me up!

Ali said...

funny funny funny!

Ruth said...

Well...I Think it's a nightie... Cool picture of your grandma and Aunt Laura!

Sharla said...

Ha ha ha ... those are great pics! I love looking through old pictures to see how "fashionable" I was (or wasn't). I wonder what I'll say in 10 years when I see pictures of me today. Hmmm...

Kari said...

Holy Cow! So that is where that came from. Who gave me that????? I honestly can't remember. How embarrassed Grandma must have been!
Kari