Thursday, October 16, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter

A few weeks ago, I was sitting my my parents living room going through a box of old photos that my dad had recently found. Because I have no pictures of myself as a child, I brought a stack home with me, so that I could scan them, and then give them back to my parents. I expect that a good portion of my blog posts in the near future will be of pictures of me as a youngin. :)

One of the best finds though, is this picture of my mom and dad at their reception. They are cutting the cake, preparing for what I always affectionately called, "the shoving contest". My favorite part, though, is the look on my mother's face (not to mention my dad's ruffly tuxedo shirt *snicker snicker*) :

It kinda reminds me of the look on my face at my wedding . . .

Oh wait, not that one . . . here it is:

. . . not to mention this look:

"Holy canolli! That's a lotta cake!" Well, it actually wasn't cake, Rob and I aren't too fond of cake, so we had a "rice crispie" cake. The bottom layer was made out of fruity-pebbles, the middle out of rice crispies, and the top coco-crispies. It was fantastic!

Yum! And if you keep paying attention, you'll see the rice-crispie thing come up again in the pictures . . . they are my FAVORITE, afterall. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome cake!

LeMira said...

I wish we would have stayed longer to eat the cake, but Jackson couldn't take any more!

Sarah said...

When I saw that picture of your mom without viewing any of the others the first thought I had was total Kristen face. It was even more funny as I scrolled down. I don't remember eating that cake. That is awesome.

Susie Peterson said...

Wow I don't think I have ever seen that picture of mom and Dad! I do that look too! It's amazing!I can't wait to be able to go through that box of pictures myself.

Angi Gerrie said...

That is totally awesome! I love your faces... Made my day for sure!

Sharla said...

A rice krispy cake? :) I'm trying to remember where I was for that one.

Britt Wright said...

I love looking back on our wedding days. I love the facial expressions! We missed you at the Snow "Who-ha."

Amber said...

Those comparison photos are AWESOME! Oh and rice krispy treats are my all-time fav. You guys are brilliant for thinking of that! I just polished off a pan ALL by myself. Proud?