Wednesday, November 23, 2005

While the Families are Away, the Nannies will Play!

Today I was left all alone for Thanksgiving weekend as Laurie and the boys are off to Vegas to visit family. I, being a social creature realized that within about five minutes of their departure I was in need of friends. Thankfullly enough, Kami and I met up at the mall and shopped for a couple of hours, and then we devised a plan to get the peeps to come over to my place.



I made pancakes, and we played Apples to Apples, which is always a favorite of mine . . . and then Kami and I hunkered down to watch a movie while I hemmed some pants that I want to wear tomorrow. To keep herself entertained, Kami took some fabulous shots of herself.



After cutting off 5 inches from the length of my cords we fashioned them into hats . . . and went on a great adventure!



At first, we didn't know quite what to do with ourselves, but goofy pictures are always a good place to start . . .



As those who know me well can agree, I use any opportunity I can to put up my tent. It doesn't matter if it's snowing, raining, or freezing outside, I'll put the darned thing up in a living room and sleep in it, just for the adventure. As you can see, tonight was no exception, and I dragged Kami along with me!



Yes, she was a little shocked at first, but then I gave her some options . . .



Where shall we go next? Shall we explore the woods out back? Toilet paper my neighbors? Make paper mache animals out of The Washington Post piling up in the recycling bin?



In the end we stayed put, laughed hard, and fell asleep to the sound of the cracking fire in the fireplace. This is my favorite picture of the whole night. It just shows that we know how to have fun!

No comments: