Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Mom's dream:

When I woke up Monday morning I went out to see how my Mom and Dad slept--they opt'ed to sleep on the LoveSac, instead of the blow-up mattress we offered and expected them to sleep on; so I was hoping the night went well since we didn't hear the air-mattress pump in the middle of the night.

"So how did you sleep Mom?"

"Really well, except the rattlesnakes . . . "

"Um, excuse me? Rattlesnakes? Did the sprinklers keep you up? Or were our neighbors being noisy outside?"

"No . . . it wasn't the sprinklers or neighbors" It was then that the wind started blowing through my cracked living-room window, shaking the venetian blinds so quickly that it sounded like a rattler.

"Ahhhhh." Apparently that sound kept my Mother terrified for the better part of the night about there being rattlesnakes in my living-room. She dreamt about snakes all night until it started to get light enough outside that she could see where the noise was coming from. We laughed.

2 comments:

Britt Wright said...

That's funny. It is crazy what your mind can play tricks on you.

The Smith said...

That's too funny. Your poor mom. Slept on the Luv Sac?? How did they say that went. I would have taken the blow up mattress hands down. Way cool that they came to visit you guys.