Saturday, June 25, 2005

Bubble Bubble

After Old Faithful a group of people and I decided to go for a hike to Lone Star Geyser. On our way, I noticed something steaming alongside the trail . . .



Up on the hill I saw this . . . but at first didn't dare go too close because the gound around these thermal areas are very thin . . . I didn't want to end up knee deep in boiling water!



I found this unmarked area with this steaming vent. It was so weird, it was just a hole in the ground that steam was rising out of.



Right next to the vent was this thistle. I thought it was beautiful, but didn't dare touch it. "take only pictures, leave only footprints"



After awhile Ian came up and joined me in my exploration, and he went up and above the "hole on the hill", so I decided it was okay for me to also. This little hot pot was spewing water out of a hole in the ground, and it had created this awesome pool of clear boiling water!

No comments: