Sunday, June 26, 2005

Damien, the Daredevil

This afternoon my family and I were at my parent's house having a family dinner. Mom made Hawaiian Haystacks, and it was fantastic! We all stuffed ourselves, and then like always my siblings and I shoot the breeze with our parents around the dining table, while the grandkids go outside and play. My nephews are typical boys. They'll run and jump and climb alll over everything and anything they can get thier hands on. Occastionally from inside we'll hear screaming, but we'll pause, make sure it's not a hurt scream, and go on with our conversation. This afternoon, while chatting I looked out the back window, and saw my nephew up 10 feet in the air . . .



Here is Damien at the top of my parent's basketball hoop. He'd climbed up the backdrop my dad put up, and decided to be the "king of the hoop". Look at John following his older cousins example.



"Hey Aunt Tristie" he says.



This picture really shows in perspective how high he is. Keep in mind that David, Damien's dad is 6'4". Yeah, Damien the Daredevil!