Friday, June 27, 2008

Can't FREAKING Sleep!

Yes, that is correct. I can't sleep. Notice the time? It's been a REALLY LONG week and I got home tonight about 7:30 after spending the better part of 12 hours at school. I had a productive day. Got a project done for a class, went to the Horticulture social, struggled with my FREAKING excel homework and came home exhausted.

Once here my Mom called to see whats the plan. Rob and I are going to Utah for the weekend and will be staying at my parents. She wants to take us out to dinner for my birthday tomorrow--err, I guess tonight actually, and wanted to know where I'd like to go. She also wanted to know if I could come to a pampered chef shower with her tomorrow, and a bridal shower with her on Saturday before we go to a family picnic with her side of the family that night. Sunday Rob and I will be with Rob's family because they are all in town for two family reunions on his side during the June 29th - July 5th week.

Honestly the whole conversation totally put me past my limit for the day. I've been fighting with my excel homework the entire week and I have a test for the class in about three hours--at 7:45. I went to the "open lab" tonight for help and there was no lab aide!! WTF! Why the #%&& do they advertise a lab to get help on your homework if NOBODYISFREAKINGTHERETOHELP! After I got off the phone with my Mom I just shut down. I started silently freaking out about everything I've got to get done this weekend. Two projects for landscaping, a notebook for floral, at least 10 more hours to spend on a project for BOM . . . and eight to ten hours of driving to and from Utah . . . two family reunions/picnics . . . and on top of everything else I took our car into the school's auto shop on June 5th to get our rear breaks and emergency break fixed AND WE STILL HAVEN'T FREAKING GOTTEN IT BACK YET!! I had NO IDEA it would take THREE FREAKING WEEKS to fix a pair of drum shoes and e-brake cable. No matter how inexpensive it may end up being, it has NOT FREAKING BEEN WORTH three weeks without the car!!! Yes, we have a truck we've been driving, and because of which we haven't left town. Have you seen gas prices! FREAKING $4.09 in Rexburg, ID! And we're planning on driving to Utah and back twice in the next week? OMG! I just want to spend some time in the freaking library!

Okay. I know I'm kinda ranting here. Sorry. Anyway. I got myself ready for bed and tried to just let it all pass away into dreamland. I was ALMOST THERE and my Dad calls me. SINCE WHEN DO I EVER GET PHONE CALLS! It was our typical less than one minute conversation about how I'm doing--58 seconds to be exact. It totally got my mind racing again.

Rob came in and tried to calm me down. We came out and laid on the LoveSac to try and chill me out, because for some unknown reason I can fall asleep on the LoveSac better than in my own bed. We turned on the TV to watch something completely mindless--VH1--and Rob was out like a light. Still nothing from me. He eventually went to bed about 10:30 but my mind was still racing. I did eventually drift off sometime close to midnight, but then about 2:45 I was jolted wide awake for some reason--probably because I was so freaking hot. Ok. the TV was still on VH1, and since it's worked before I tried just falling asleep to it again . . . 3:00 . . . 3:30 . . . 3:45 . . . I turned off the TV and went in to try and fall asleep in my bedroom . . . Nope, my feelings earlier of being completely wiped out and aching for sleep are gone. Because of this I get even more worked up. I almost completely break down in bed, but leave the room first again because I don't want to wake Rob.

Now here I am. It's 4:51 AM, and my alarm is going to go off in ten minutes so Rob and I can go to the gym. We've been getting up butt early the last few weeks to go work out--and it's been great, but I don't think I'll be up for it today for some reason. It's going to be a long day.

:(

(5:00 AM--Rob's alarm just went off.)

1 comment:

Jessi said...

O' Kristin:( Have you tried listening to some of your favorite music? Sometimes it helps me to remove myself from the 'scene of stress' and then listen to one of my favorite artists. This pretty much just calms the mind and brings you back to reality so you can function properly. This of course, won't take away your responsibilities. It sounds like one of those times when you've got to just be patient w/ yourself, do your best and wait for time to pass. When I was going through these same issues back in college I would just say to myself 'I'll do my best and if nothing else it will all be over by 'july 11'...because that is when it is due'. PS- When I read the first of your post i was like 'O goody, we are going down to! We should hang out!'...but then I kept reading:) We'll go ahead and not ask you to add another activity to your list. Love you, hang in there!