Sunday, June 01, 2008

My favorite shirt!

Here is a picture of me as a sophomore in high school. I was fifteen at the time this was taken, and I remember I took FOREVER that day to get ready. I wanted to look great during registration, what if I met a cute boy that wanted to go out with me! OHH! I plucked my eyebrows, wore my favorite hemp necklaces, applied lipstick, and of course, my coolest, most favorite shirt. I didn't want to smile in the picture because I was "way too cool to smile . . . " so I smirked instead, and it bothered my Mother all year long until she got a new picture to hang on her living room wall. I was such a punk! But I LOVED this picture. I still do . . .



So tonight Rob and I are going through some of my old clothes. I, of course still have the shirt because I intend on making a t-shirt blanket one of these years with all my cool old t-shirts from high school. In fact, the good majority of shirts that Rob now wears, and is pictured in on my blog are the very shirts I intend on picking apart sometime in the future. So when this favorite shirt of mine was pulled out I remarked that I want to wear it again . . . "Um honey, it's kinda small" he said. Well yes, I understand that. I figured it would fit him though, and asked him to try it on . . .



It, like all my other shirts from high school and college fits him great. If only my bosom hadn't kept growing I could still be wearing them . . . but NO. Now they only fit Rob.



Here he is doing an impression of the guitarist from the band "No Vacancy" in School of Rock. Ohhh, what a sexy man I have! Anyway, we all have had our favorite piece of clothing. This shirt was mine--still is, and I'm looking forward to the day I can fit into it again . . .

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You and rob look like you have a lot of fun together. He must be a great sport modeling for the bog with your old shirt.

LeMira said...

That had me laughing out loud!! The shirt sure makes a different statment when Rob wears it . . .

Amber said...

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a while!!!! Plus I love love love that picture of you! Serious model material and I am not even joking!

Britt Wright said...

That's great! Rob makes me laugh. And I love your high school picture...you beautiful girl!

Jessi said...

Kristin this is halarious because just last week I was thinking of featuring my favorite old shirt on my blog...you beat me to the punch. Great minds really do think alike:) It was my "Aspen Grove" shirt. I retired it to a 'bed shirt only' years ago because the years of ware have worn the sleeves thin and you can see right through them. Last week I finally got smart and just put another shirt under it. Why did I wait so long! It felt so good to wear it again in public! I even wanted to post my 11th grade pic as I'm wearing it there, only prob is #1 I don't have a copy of that photo and #2 I don't have a scanner. You don't have a copy of it do you? Or even your year book. That same day Sean also whipped out of his old shirts and wore it all day long. It would be fun to have everyone who comes here to do the same. Put on those old grubs of yours and let's see how you look everyone! This could be loads of fun.

Anonymous said...

oh my, rob is such a nerd. lol i totally love it! i was laughing so hard when i saw this picture!! its as you say "rockin" lol