Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I got a what!?!

Today I was doing the normal "checking the email" thang before going to bed and was led to a complete surprise! I got an email from the schools Financial Aid dept. I thought this was a bit odd since I'd already found out what financial aid I'm available for in the fall . . . so, WTF?

I was lead to my award information page, and to my complete surprise I've been granted a departmental Horticulture Scholarship! The crazy thing is that I never applied for it, which I thought you had to do . . . so I'm kinda shocked! All I have to do is stay above a 2.5 GPA, and take at least 14 credits per semester?? DONE AND DONE!

It's a modest scholarship--nothing like Rob's full tuition because he has a 4.0, but still enough to definitely help us out! Rob and I have been so blessed, I can only hope we continue to be so lucky!

8 comments:

Danny said...

Hey Kristin, congrats on the cash! Thats awesome. I love the blog, keep the posts coming :-)

LeMira said...

Awesome -- now you can buy your dream house. Or um, at least buy groceries. Congrats -- that's so great for you.

Amber said...

Yeah for free money. It is especially great when you are not expecting it!

Sarah said...

That's so cool! We had a few things like that happen with us while we were in school. It's amazing how the Lord will bless you when you are least expecting it.

Britt Wright said...

That is great Kristin! And I know you got it from all of your hard work, what a blessing!

Lisa said...

Cool! Even better than finding a forgotten $20 in your coat pocket!

Merr said...

Hey Kristin!
This is Merrilee from the old neighborhood. Found your blog through myspace and have been reading it for awhile. Head on over to Dyana's blog as she is trying to find all of us and get in touch.
http://waytogowhiteley.blogspot.com/
Hope all is well and if you want to e-mail me my e-mail is merdaybow@yahoo.com. Later!

Kristie said...

I can't believe that you are married! Well, I guess I can - I always knew that you were a great catch! We definately need to get together sometime and hang out like old times, perhaps take a small jont to NYC? How 'bout it? I am so glad that things are going so well for you and your hubbie! You guys look like you have a lot a fun together! Next time you are in southern Utah give me a call!